Annual Appeal 2023
Americans for the Arts reports that artful experiences create meaningful connections for all ages, improve well-being, and unify communities, helping strangers become neighbors and friends.
On Saturday, April 15th more than 3,500 community members came to our Inaugural Block Party and Dance Party—our first ever open-door arts festival. Children, parents, students, veterans, and seniors all enjoyed a beautiful spring day painting, drawing, dancing, writing, flower arranging, and visiting the museum—some for the very first time. Thousands more children and families benefitted this year from MMA’s free First Fridays, Free Family Fun Days, free school tours and high school programs, as well as our low-cost summer camps. With your help Monterey Museum of Art can provide free admission to 10,000 people every year.
WHAT YOUR GIFT COULD DO
Your gift can help Monterey Museum of Art:
- Maintain our free admission programs serving 10,000 visitors of all ages annually
- Create access to free arts education throughout Monterey County with our new mobile programs
- Expand K-12 school tours and cover the cost of buses for public school classrooms
- Deepen our high school mentorship program to cultivate next-gen artists and museum professionals
- Relaunch our Artist in Residence program—and help support more public art installations
- Grow our Spring Block Party—expanding Monterey’s downtown cultural district scene through festive and accessible public art activities
PLEASE CONSIDER A GIFT TODAY
Your annual donations provide vital support for the Museum. The exhibitions and programs we create and present are only possible because of the generosity of people like you. Please consider a gift now through June 30, 2023, to help ensure that everyone in Monterey County can benefit from our work.
Gifts of all sizes are truly appreciated and are fully tax deductible.