MMA Visitor Guidelines
We are elated to have people back in Monterey Museum of Art! Our goal is to provide each visitor with an enjoyable and safe museum. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve added precautions to help safeguard our staff and visitors. In order to visit the Museum, we require compliance with the following guidelines.
COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Join us in protecting the health of our community. We ask that guests follow these enhanced safety precautions, developed in response to COVID-19.
- Feeling ill? Take care, stay home, feel better soon. We can help you reschedule your ticket for an alternative date at no charge.
- Masks are mandatory for all visitors age 3 and older.
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet apart from others.
- Our galleries vary in size. Except for our largest gallery spaces, do not exceed a capacity of 3 people in gallery rooms.
- Follow distancing signage.
- Daily museum attendance is limited to 50% of total capacity. Please exercise patience with smaller spaces such as elevators and stairways.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer dispensers are located within the museum.
- No food or drink in the galleries.
- Keep moving through the museum. Please don’t gather or linger in one area — transmission risk (including asymptomatic transmission) increases with prolonged exposure within an enclosed space.
- Any behavior or activity that disrupts the safe or orderly use of the Museum, or that affects the staff’s ability to provide services, is prohibited.
- Please treat each other and our staff with respect — no profanity and/or engaging in rude, inconsiderate, or abusive behavior. We can all use a little kindness.
Visitors not following the COVID-19 Code of Conduct will be asked to leave, as will guests who engage in behavior.