Give to the Arts
Your support allows us to offer educational art experiences that encourage contemplation, dialogues, and importantly—connections. We are dedicated to honoring the artistic legacy of California and the Central Coast region, and together, we can continue to make the Museum even better. We hope you will visit, support, and take pride in the Museum—as we are here to reflect our culturally diverse community—and to celebrate you. Thank you so much for your support.
Give to the Arts
As we complete programming and look towards a new season, we ask for your support to expand the scope of our education initiatives to complement dynamic exhibitions for the benefit of all.
Specifically, our goals over the next year include:
- Increasing access to art for youth and families in rural communities by mobilizing our free Family Days and offering activities in neighborhoods throughout Monterey County
- Growing our K-12 school tours program—including bussing for public school classrooms to MMA
- Diversifying program offerings by introducing a new wellness program for healthcare workers and a new mentorship program for high school students
- Relaunching our Artist in Residence program—supporting artists and sharing diverse perspectives with the community
- Presenting a new Spring BLOCK Party event—adding to Monterey’s downtown cultural district scene through festive and accessible public art activities
Gifts of all sizes make a difference and are fully tax deductible.
Monterey County Gives!
November 11 – December 31, 2021
Through the generous support of our donors, MMA raised over $69,000 through Monterey County Gives in 2021! Though short of our $100,000 goal, these funds will prove vital in allowing MMA to build back its organizational capacity to enhance the quality of life for everyone in Monterey County through art experiences that nurture belonging, lifelong learning, and improved health. Every donation will help us build back our organizational capacity by:
- Adding to our dedicated team of staff
- Upgrading our internal systems to enhance experiences for visitors and members
- Advancing care for our permanent collection
At MMA, visitors engage in art exhibitions, programs, and experiences—for beauty and delight, to be creative, to learn, to connect, to escape, to be challenged, and to share. No matter the reason for visiting, each visitor leaves the Museum with new thoughts, emotions, knowledge, ideas, and connections. The benefits of art are limitless, and your support will allow us to build back our capacity to offer art experiences for the benefit of everyone in our region.