Event Docent Program
Monterey Museum of Art Docents share a passion for art and community.
Monterey Museum of Art Events Docents volunteer for the Museum for special events and projects. This can include tasks such as assisting art teachers during children’s art workshops and family days, greeting and orienting visitors at gallery openings, supervising the Welcome Desk and galleries at our Pacific Street location, or behind-the-scenes administrative help. Events Docents should also feel comfortable working with participants of all ages, be outgoing and friendly, and overall act as ambassadors for the Museum in the community.
MMA Events Docent Requirements:
- Commit to 36 hours of service per year
- Come to once-monthly Docent Council meetings
- Obtain a Livescan background check, which costs a total of $37
- Pay an annual Docent Dues of $25
- Become a member of the Museum
MMA Docent Benefits:
- Enjoy the benefits of continuing art education
- Interact with visiting artists
- Receive in-depth training from MMA staff and other experts
- Attend special events for docents
- Be part of a team of art lovers who are excited about expanding their horizons and appreciation of art
- Expand your circle of friends
We are looking for community-minded art enthusiasts to join our family of volunteers. If you are interested in becoming an MMA Events Docent, and joining our vibrant team of engaged, dynamic volunteers, please email a completed application to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call the Education Department at 831.372.5477 x128.