JOB TITLE: Associate Manager: Visitor Experience and Community Relations
REPORTS TO: Manager of External Relations DATE: October 2021
The Associate Manager for Visitor Experience and Community Relations is responsible for overseeing visitor experience in the galleries and on the website. This position sets the quality standard for communication and practices with our audiences, reports on attendance statistics, and oversees vendor contracts. This position requires excellent customer service skills, as they will correspond frequently with the community at the front desk, by phone, and via [email protected]. This position is required to be available for events with the community including but not limited to opening receptions and special tours. They will liaise with the Museum Educators and Docents to pass on relevant information for the Museum and exhibitions. A minimum of 12 hours per week at the welcome desk will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visitor Experience
- Works independently and collaboratively to ensure a positive visitor experience, provides excellent customer service, and logistics for public participation in exhibitions, programs, and events.
- Supports equity and access initiatives across the organization, which contribute to a museum environment, and people, that reflect and respond to the diverse needs of our community (internal and external).
- Ensures a high quality of service and a high level of visitor satisfaction through oversight of all aspects of the full cycle of the visitor experience at the museum, including customer service, visitor safety, and museum information.
- Collaborates with the museum’s Education and Public Programs team to ensure that information about museum exhibitions and programs are effectively shared with the public.
- Ensure that volunteers/Docents are positioned well and supported in their interactions with visitors to provide engaging and educational experiences.
- Online – keeps the website updated with the most recent and relevant information and images, writes copy, proofreads material, and ensures the design of the website is aesthetically pleasing and easy to maneuver. Updates other platforms like Eventbrite and Survey Monkey.
- Returns calls and emails from the public promptly and professionally.
- Admission and Sales
- Manages vendor contracts and retains accurate records and financial reports of vendor contracts for book sales.
- Prepares weekly reports of admission and sales.
- Oversees walk-in and on-line ticketing of admission and special event programs.
- Community Relations
- Collaborates with the External Relations team for special events including exhibition opening receptions, previews, private viewings, and other special tours.
- Generates key messaging in line with the museum’s values and goals in partnership with ER.
- Establishes a customer journey strategy to move online and in-person visitors to members.
- Works with all members of External Relations on major fundraising campaigns to strategize, fulfill letters and acknowledgements, and inform the public on campaigns at the welcome desk and online.
Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
Excellent Customer Service • Strong Communication Skills • Copywriting and Proofreading • Timeliness • Ability to Learn New Duties • Judgement and Common Sense • Initiative • Problem Solving • Attendance and Punctuality • Money Handling
- Minimum five years of customer service experience
- Minimum three years of museum and/or nonprofit experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
Please submit resumes and cover letters to [email protected]